Website Auburn University at Montgomery
Vacancy Number: F-00282 Position Title: Associate Dean, College of Business Classification Title: Faculty Department: College of Business Administration Employment Type: Full-Time Minimum Qualifications:
Terminal degree appropriate for the discipline or have the equivalent in training and experience.
“Terminal degree” refers to the highest degree
awarded in a discipline. The doctorate is the terminal degree for most disciplines represented at Auburn University at Montgomery. Job Open Date: 09/23/0021 Job Close Date: Quick Link https://www.jobs.aum.edu/postings/5026 Position Profile Link
School: College of Business Contract Type: Twelve (12) Months Tenure Track: Yes Salary Band: N/A Special Instructions to Applicant:
The Auburn University at Montgomery College of Business invites applications from qualified candidates for the position of Associate Dean. Applicants should have (or qualify) for the rank of Associate Professor or higher. It is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position, with a course load of two courses per academic year. The appointment could begin as early as January 1, 2022. Candidates must have a terminal degree in a discipline within the College of Business. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
We seek an individual with demonstrated evidence of:
• academic administrative experience,
• involvement in undergraduate and graduate teaching, including online teaching,
• excellence in scholarship and research as evidenced by a strong record of peer-reviewed publications,
• a commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion, and
• excellent written and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with diverse audiences.
Individuals meeting these requirements are encouraged to apply.
The Associate Dean’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• planning and executing “student success” initiatives within the college (such initiatives include, but are not limited to: internships, independent studies, career fairs, aiding communication between employers and students/faculty, professional development workshops, academic dishonesty processes, assessment testing for undergraduate and graduate programs, and surveys of alumni and community partners),
• being the faculty advisor for the College’s “Ambassador” program,
• overseeing the College’s newsletter process,
• supervising the College’s Academic Advising Office (including reviewing BSBA core course scheduling) and the College’s Graduate Program Office,
• overseeing COB Clothing Closet operations,
• assistance with College student recruitment events, and
• overseeing graduate assistant processes within the College.
Please submit a Cover Letter, CV, Teaching Evaluations, Three References, and Unofficial Academic Transcripts (official transcripts due upon hire). Materials should be provided electronically within this web-based applicant system and to the attention of Dr. Ross Dickens, Dean, College of Business. Review of candidates will begin and continue until the position is filled.
About the University/College
AUM is the part of Auburn University with approximately 5,200 students and 200 faculty in five academic colleges: Business, Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Nursing and Health Sciences, Sciences, and Education. Located in the state capital, AUM serves a diverse student body including traditional and non-traditional students. Montgomery offers diverse cultural and recreational opportunities including the Alabama Shakespeare Festival, world-class museums, Civil Rights Memorial, the National Memorial for Peace and Justice, a ballet company, a natural habitat zoo, a chamber music society, an independent film theater, and the Montgomery Biscuits baseball team. Further, Montgomery is the home of the Southern Poverty Law Center and Equal Justice Initiative.
The College of Business has more than thirty full-time faculty and offers BSBA, MAcc, MBA, MHA, and MSMIS degrees with, approximately 1,000 majors. Applicant Documents
Letter of Interest/Intent
Professional Reference Sheet
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.aum.edu.