Website Bryant University
Bryant University seeks an accomplished and motivated academic leader who can serve as Associate Dean of the College of Business. This position reports to the Dean, College of Business, and under his/her direction is principally responsible for the development and delivery of high-quality academic programs within the College of Business including both graduate and undergraduate programs. In addition, s/he serves as a senior advisor on all College of Business programs and work with other entities of the University as well as external partners to develop new programs, further enhance the academic quality and reputation of the College of Business and facilitating the development and retention of well-qualified faculty.
Bryant University is a private New England university with a tradition of innovation and a global vision for success. Our new strategic plan, Vision 2030 , sets a trajectory for the next decade through academic excellence, outstanding student life, competitive athletics and student outcomes among the nation’s top 1% for ROI.
- Provide strategic and managerial oversight and short-term and long-term growth of graduate and undergraduate programs within the College of Business. Work with the Provost, Dean and academic department chairs to facilitate the development of appropriate curricula for business programs.
- Oversee the launch of new graduate programs (e.g., MSDS, MSBA, MST, MBA degrees with concentration in specific disciplines such as Fintech), and enhance existing programs.
- Provide direct supervision of the online MBA and future online offerings within the COB graduate programs including working with Chairs on staffing.
- Provide oversight and tactical support in the areas of:
- Graduate level curriculum development and integration, including identification of opportunities to build joint programs with the Executive Development Center.
- Work with key internal constituencies such as Admissions, University Relations, and University Advancement to facilitate the communication of academic quality indicators to external constituencies, particularly and specifically for the graduate school.
- Research positioning and support
- Manage the Assurance of Learning process for the College of Business for AACSB accreditation.
- Support strategic planning process for the next accreditation
- Support the Dean for all activities related to AACSB accreditation.
6. Provide support to the faculty through meetings related to student issues, providing faculty evaluations, support Chairs in staffing and help the Dean with all activities related to faculty and students in the College of Business.
- In conjunction with the Dean and department chairs, effectively support the recruitment, evaluation, development and retention of faculty, ensuring practices are in keeping with the spirit and intent of University policy of diversity and EEO/AA guidelines and are in compliance with the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) between the University and the Faculty Federation. Serve as COB primary resource on matters of contract interpretation, questions, or concerns, ensuring the effective administration of the CBA.
- Facilitate interaction with various internal support departments, including, but not limited to, Admissions, University Relations, Alumni Relations, Amica Center for Career Education, Undergraduate Advising, and the Registrar’s Office, as well as with various external constituencies such as alumni and industry.
- Coordinate the development, implementation, and forward evolution of a process for the regular review and evaluation of current programs and curricula, and identification of opportunities for evolution in programs, program content, design and delivery. Look to identify and administer more integrative programs that will ultimately help to identify the Bryant University College of Business brand.
- Actively participate and act as a representative of the Dean on assigned committees.
- Represent the Dean and the College of Business with external corporate partners, Universities, alumni and key donors.
- Support customized program development for external partners.
- Perform related duties as assigned
This position expects a highly committed administrator and teacher prepared to implement a “growth agenda” within graduate programs. It requires an individual with a terminal degree in a business discipline from an AACSB accredited institution and successful experience in academic administration. A proven record in academic program development; demonstrated policy and decision-making ability; and proven effectiveness in fiscal management and resource allocation are required. Excellent interpersonal, communication, operational and problem-solving skills, and a record of strong, consistent, and successful collaboration with faculty, administrators, staff and students is imperative. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative and consultative working relationships with all segments of the University community and external stakeholders is very important. An understanding of and experience with AACSB accreditation and the new standards is required. The person should be a strong instructor and have the research record and experience to be able to obtain tenure (at Associate or Full Professor level) at Bryant University.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities.
Bryant University recognizes that its position as a leader in higher education is greatly determined both by the diversity of its campus community and its intellectual endeavors. Its commitment to link academic and social diversity for the benefit of the learning and living environment reflects its belief that excellence and diversity are mutually reinforcing objectives. We are committed to building an equitable and inclusive campus community, one that values individual difference and fosters greater understanding of the many facets of diversity and other distinctive characteristics that make us different. We encourage applications from candidates with an appreciation for and understanding of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to building a community of inclusive excellence.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com