Website California Lutheran University
The mission of California Lutheran University is to educate leaders for a global society who are strong in character and judgment, confident in their identity and vocation, and committed to service and justice. Founded in 1959 in beautiful Ventura County, the university has an enrollment of about 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students who come from across the nation and around the world from a diversity of backgrounds, cultures and faiths. As a federally recognized Hispanic-Serving Institution, Cal Lutheran is looking for candidates with a dedication to and success in working in diverse communities. The university is committed to an inclusive learning and work environment that values individual differences and respects each person’s dignity.
The School of Management at California Lutheran University invites applications for two full-time tenure-track positions of Assistant Professor in Marketing with the appointment starting in Fall 2023.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals dedicated to teaching, scholarship, service, collaborating with and mentoring a diverse student body. The successful candidate will have demonstrated commitment to and success working in diverse, multi-cultural and multi-racial communities. Specifically, we seek individuals with experience in meeting the needs of our growing LatinX student body (currently representing over 38% of all undergraduate and graduate students) and other underrepresented student groups. Candidates, from all faiths, who advocate for justice and fairness for all people are encouraged to apply.
These positions include teaching in both undergraduate and graduate programs at the School of Management with an emphasis on close interaction with our students. Successful candidates will have demonstrated competence in both teaching and research in a broad area of Marketing. Teaching responsibilities are primarily in Marketing but may also include other areas of business and management as needed. The successful candidates will also work closely with the relevant Associate Dean and are expected to serve the School of Management and California Lutheran University.
As a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI), California Lutheran University is an accredited, private, comprehensive university that engages students in critical inquiry and is dedicated to educating leaders for a global society. Cal Lutheran is located midway between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, and our 225-acre campus is home to more than 2,800 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students from 61 countries. The School of Management, which offers both graduate and undergraduate programs, is the largest of the professional schools at the university. Approximately half of Cal Lutheran students are international students or from underrepresented groups. The mission of the School of Management is to prepare students for success with integrity in their professional and personal lives through scholarship, diverse learning experiences, and community engagement in a global context. For more information, visit https://www.callutheran.edu/management/.
Under the direction of the Dean, Department Chair or Program Director, the Assistant Professor is responsible for providing academic instruction to students for the assigned undergraduate and/or graduate courses. The Assistant Professor is to serve as an academic advisor to students; serve on faculty or university committees; and engage in scholarly activities, and/or creative endeavors which contribute to the academic mission of the University, as outlined in the faculty handbook.
- Provide academic instruction to students through lecture courses. Create assignments and activities in one-on-one, classroom, and distance mediated instructional settings for development of cognitive abilities, communication skills, and higher order thinking skills among students.
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and student learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions, and examinations; provide feedback in a timely manner to student inquiries in class, online, or during established consultation office hours.
- Maintain current, accurate records of course enrollment, attendance, student academic progress, course curriculum; prepare and submit grades, data, and reports related to course and student progress in a timely manner.
- Provide a course syllabus to students in each class within the first week of the class, as outlined in the faculty handbook.
- Adhere to the responsibilities related to teaching, advising, service, and scholarly, professional and creative activities, as outlined in the faculty handbook.
- Attend and participate on committees and in department, division, campus, and University meetings.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Current theory and practice within the subject discipline
- Principles and best practices of effective teaching
- Student learning outcomes and methods of assessment
- University curricula
- Community and campus resources, services, programs, and professionals available to students
- Methods of gathering, analyzing, and preparing data
- Modern computing technology
- Record keeping techniques with regard to student enrollment, attendance, and progress
- Demonstrate a thorough and accurate knowledge in the subject field or discipline
- Deliver course curricula in various learning styles
- Exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, social, economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of University students.
- Exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the needs of students with disabilities.
- Integrate current and emerging instructional delivery technologies into the learning process to enhance teaching and the educational experience
- Maintain professional standards that protect student confidentiality
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing using tact, patience, and courtesy
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action
- Demonstrate commitment to professional excellence and continuous growth within subject field or discipline
To apply for this job please visit careers.callutheran.edu.